Saturday, November 14, 2009

Seasoning Swap

So I had this idea today...
I remember one time when I did a search for a particular seasoning, I found this forum where people do a "seasoning swap" which is where you send a package of seasonings to someone in another location (i.e California to NY & vice-versa).

I thought this was a fabulous idea!

So if anyone ever wants to do this, let me know. I think it's great because you get some seasonings that may not be available in your area. Seeing as I live in Los Angeles, I can pretty much get my hands on anything. Nevertheless I do have a couple items that I get from Thai Town and some other grocers around here that I just LOVE and would love to share!

PS-This also could be done with other items like mixes, cookware, etc....for example, I've been looking for a good flat bottom Angel Food cake pan with feet and I've read on various forums that people have acquired these for $2-3 bucks!...well this is just not this case in LA!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for some vegan recipes.
    :[ I need a donut pan haha
    If you know where to get any, that aren't too expensive let me know. :] and if I come across a decent priced flat bottom angel food cake pan w/ feet, I will let you know, since you're in LA as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete